Tuesday, April 8, 2008

BLAZE ORANGE BUFFALO PLAID

The following is an actual transcribed conversation from the plaidvoyeurismproject@gmail.com inbox:

Hello PVP,
My name is Anne and I am from northern Minnesota. I stumbled across your website looking for buffalo plaid for my father. He IS "red check." He has been a lumberjack basically all of his life, and in the winter it is impossible to find him wearing something other than red check. However, he has felt a little desolate during hunting season. Minnesota laws require hunters to wear blaze orange. He hates that he can't wear his red check out in the woods. This is how I found your site- after searching for "blaze orange buffalo plaid."
Do you know any place where I could find blaze orange/black buffalo plaid fabric? My father has desperately been wanting a jacket in this material. I would love to surprise him with some.

Thank you,
Anne

Here is my reply:

Hi Anne! Thanks for writing in. Blaze orange and black, huh? Hmmm. That's one I haven't seen. My suggestion would be to paint it on yourself. That way, any old blaze orange jacket can be retro fitted into one of plaid. If you want, you can send me the jacket and I'll paint it on for you, free of charge. I would just ask for a photo of him wearing the coat...to post on the blog, of course. I do a lot of hand painted plaid, and I think it would look totally awesome. Please let me know if you are interested.
Sincerely, Abby Manock, PVP, CEO.