Friday, April 11, 2008

BLAZE ORANGE BUFFALO PLAID: The conversation continues......

Hey Abby,
I am definitely interested in the hand-painted plaid!! My plan is to send you a couple yards of blaze orange fleece, which after you paint, a lady I know will make into a jacket for him. Does that work out ok for you?
I also had a couple questions about the hand-painted plaid. Is the effect just like a regular buffalo plaid print? And is it machine washable?
I am so excited about finally getting my dad a blaze orange and black check coat!! Thank you so much!!
Anne

To Which I responded:

Hi Anne. I usually paint it on with fabric ink, so far I've only painted on smooth fabrics, so fleece might be a bit tricky, but I'm with some experimentation, I'm sure I can find something that will work. Yeah, it should be machine washable, though washing by hand might be better, anyway, I have attached a swatch of the handpainted plaid pattern, the check are about 1.5-2 inches square.
Abby