Tuesday, March 18, 2008

RED and BLACK

This is the first plaid captured with my newly "upgraded," yet still remarkably ill designed cell phone. Thanks Verizon!

0317082123b.jpg, originally uploaded by abbyabby.

Vintage Budweiser light box at The Continental. What was I doing on St. Mark's on St Patrick's Day? Lookin' for plaid, of course. And my voice, which I lost. March 17th 9:23pm



*AN AMAZING DISCOVERY BY ROSEBUD
It was at the 2x4, our next stop after the Continental, that ROSEBUD told me about his amazing discovery. Back in January, I received an invitation by text to a pot-luck at Rosebud's apartment. On the day of the get together, I was rollin' around Williamsburg; hittin' some thrift stores and snappin' some plaid photos and sending them immediately to the blog... you know the drill. That night I went to the pot luck and ended up staying pretty late. Rosebud went to bed, and left me chatterboxing at the kitchen table, with his roommate. We were playing around with the Polaroid so there is plenty of photos to document the evening, one of which is posted below. (the person attached to the knee that I am talking to in the photo is Rosebud's roommate.)

CUT TO:
Yesterday. Saint Patrick's Day. At the 2x4. Our friend had just jumped down off the bar where she had been pole dancing on a dare form the scantily clad, green sequined bartendress, who had been up there previously. (She did an absolutely fantastic job of upstaging that scrawny little half naked bar wench, in her granny dress and wool tights.) Rosebud turns to me and says, "You have a post of my roommate on your blog." I do?

HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED:
On the day of the pot luck back in January, the roomate had headed out the door wearing a plaid jacket on his way to the gym in that building on Driggs x N9th (above that JUNK store) and I had captured him right there on the corner, blogged it, and later, gone to the potluck, talked incessantly about my plaid blog into the wee hours of the morning with the very same guy I had captured, unknowingly, only a few hours earlier. The next day rosebud checked my blog, made this discovery, and then headed to China to visit his brother for three months, and told me about it just last night, which is the first time I've seen him since.

Here's the proof.